Saturday, June 18, 2011

What Works And What Does Not

Proactiv Solution - Ya this worked! half the time your face will be peeling off with dryness and the other half it'll be dripping with oil. It's soooo expensive though! It takes so much time to apply and IT WILL STAIN YOUR WASHCLOTHS! If you use it long term, it will stop working.

Clean And Clear - I don't really remember this one. Same as Proactiv though, leaves your face oily as hell. The little bottle is the only one that really fights the acne, but they only give you this teeny tiny bottle! Stops working about a while.

Toothpaste - Ya, seems crazy that I put toothpaste on my face but I've had my desperate moments... Guys don't stoop to this level. All it does is dry up your skin and leave you sticky and itchy.

Lemon Juice - I heard it works to lighten dark spots and scars. BS. Maybe I didn't leave it on long enough or whatever but it didn't do anything for me.

Persa-Gel 10 (Clean and Clean separate product - This stuff leaves your face all white and weird. I didn't have any oily or dry problems with this stuff and it worked for a little while but stopped working. This is one of those things that make you break out, but then begin to treat it. Not bad for minimal acne. No good for break outs.

Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action - Claims to visibly reduce redness and size of pimples in 4 hours. Thats crap and i knew it would be. But this is my favorite small-container product that I've had. It's tinted so it gets rid of some of the redness. It seems to work well on individual zits. No drying or oil problems. I tend to use this as a n extra. Like... If I wash my face in the shower with an acne cream, ill put this on after. GOOD STUFF.

Aveeno Clear Complextion Foaming Cleaner - I use this in the shower. It's only 0.5% Salicylic Acid so I didn't expect much out of it. I use it more as just something to wash my face as. Don't buy this. Waste of money.

Neureogena Oil Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser - Loooove this stuff! I use it in the shower and in the mornings/night. I suspect this stuff will stop working soon but for now, its still hanging in there. It takes a while to apply though as you need to wash it off as opposed to other creams like Rapid Action.

Oral Pills - From a Dermatologist. They make you break out at first but then make things better. I had to get a higher dosage because the standard ones wouldn't work. They make you feel like crap if you didn't eat anything before you took one. It worked but I always had those few pimples that just kept popping up.

No comments:

Post a Comment